vendredi 24 juin 2011

Revealed at last: The power behind the throne . . .

Regular indulgers cannot fail to have noticed that the legendary Cafédefa plays an indispensable role in this erratic series of chronicles.

I have to say that in all my years in Ongleterry, I never happened upon another watering hole so rich in character, local intelligence, and the warm and generous spirit of human thingummy doo-dah etc, etc . . .

Thus I am thrilled after a mere two years' delay to introduce you to proprietor Marie, la reine de Fa and Dave le Philosophe, loyal consort to the same.

The rather fab pic is thanks to my mate Ian Harvey of Rocktastic Pix, who not only knows what he's doing, but also possesses a lens (Serious Toy Rating: 9.5/10) capable of penetrating the somewhat subterranean lighting.

He snapped Marie and Dave down at the café during mine and Claire's joint 50th birthday bash. We were both very grateful for their help in making it happen, so all credit where it is due.

I must admit Dave's title has caused me some soul-searching of late. Obviously he has to have one, it's that sort of blog. Who could imagine Dennis Sans Menace? It wouldn't be right.

He's been Dave the Underdog for a good long while, thanks to a conversation between me, him and Claire in which he was suffering from an overdose of all-female hierarchy, which included Mollie the grumpy and stinky pub dog. The trouble is that it's ages ago and he may not remember it.

Being as he was clearly born to ponder over a pint, on whichever side of the bar he may find himself, I've decided on Dave le Philosophe . . .

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire